For this week’s Bake, I’m shifting gears a bit and proffering up a round of questions for your consideration. What you choose to do with these queries is entirely up to you. You can answer some or all of them in the comments, you can create your own blog post out of the mess, or you can simply move on with your life, which is what most self-respecting folks will opt for, considering the tainted history of Bonnywood Manor. Here we go…
1. Do you happily eat the licorice jellybeans, or do you hurl them aside in wretched disgust?
2. If you had to choose a vegetable for the title of your autobiography, which one would it be?
3. Whilst reading the last few pages of an engrossing novel where you still don’t know the answer to “the big question”, are you able to calmly do so, or do you have to fight to keep your eyes from flitting to the final paragraph prematurely?
4. Can you remember the name of the first book you read that didn’t have any illustrations?
5. What literary character best represents the dreams that you are made of?
6. What was your favorite piece of clothing (or accessory) that you wore in high school? Did you steal said item?
7. Do you know where your last high school yearbook is right at this moment?
8. Let’s assume that you have done something that you shouldn’t have. No one knows you have done it and no one ever will unless you say something. If you don’t confess, your innocent best friend is sentenced to a year in prison but then wins the lottery on the day of release from said prison and becomes a millionaire. (Friend never learns of your duplicity.) If you do confess, you get ten years in prison and no lottery win. Your choice?
9. Do you have anything in your home that actually belongs to a former employer?
10. Did you ever have to finally decide? (You knew I would throw in a song reference at some point.)
11. Name the first song that comes to mind where you know every single word of the lyrics.
12. Can you remember the name of everyone who has ever seen you naked as an adult? We’ll toss aside professional/medical experiences, as we’ve all had to throw our legs wide in clinical situations, but this one becomes harder to answer in the affirmative the more you think about it.
13. Through some bit of circumstance, you suddenly find yourself on a nude beach. Which of the following would be your reaction: A) Run screaming in abject horror. B) Hang around a bit to see what’s what whilst remaining chastely covered. C) When in Rome… D) Wave to all of your friends because everybody knows your name.
14. Given the magical chance to start your life over at a certain point, would you rather go back to your high-school graduation, knowing everything that you know now, or go back ten years, knowing only what you knew then?
15. You discover that a life-changing sum of money has been mysteriously deposited in your checking account. Upon speaking with a banking representative, you learn that the source wishes to remain anonymous and you will have to reimburse the donor if the name is ever revealed. Do you keep the money?
16. Would you rather watch admittedly crappy movies with your loved ones in a living room, where it is guaranteed that the miscreants will constantly interrupt the viewing, or peruse cinematic masterpieces by yourself with no interference?
17. Name the movie title that best encapsulates a poor decision in your life.
18. Would you rather write a single book that is hailed as a masterpiece long after you are gone or multiple critically-panned bestsellers whilst you are still on this plane?
19. Do you secretly write poetry that you have never shared?
20. Do you regret things that you never dared?
21. Is there anyone who knows every single thing about you? Do you?