Note: Some of these are a bit dated now, but here at Bonnywood we embrace our decay…
1. Lady Gaga – “Shorn This Way”
2. Fun – “We Are Egg Foo Yung”
3. Roberta Flack – “Killing Me Softly with His Thong”
4. Gotye – “Somebody That I Used To Know Until Her Backing Vocals Annoyed Me (Why Are You Wailing Like That? Remix)”
5. Meatloaf – “Pair Of Dice By The Dashed Bud Light”
6. The Beatles – “Hey Dude (Take A Sad Bong and Make It Better)”
7. Maroon 5 – “Moves Like Jagger (Until That Odd Bit Where Christina Shows Up and Doesn’t Really Fit with The Rest of The Song)”
8. The Knack – “Mice Are On Ya”
9. Rihanna – “Umbrella” (Ella Fitzgerald Tribute Mix)
10. Lady Antebellum – “Need You Later”
11. Beyonce – “Single Babies (Put a Diaper on It)”
12. Kelly Clarkson – “My Life Would Suck Without YouTube”
13. Katy Perry – “I Kissed a Girl for The Demographics”
14. Colbie Caillat – “Bubba Lee (Effervescent Hillbilly Mix)”
15. James Blunt – “You’re Beautiful until The Drugs Wear Off”
16. Barbra Streisand – “The Way We Never Actually Were”
17. Rolling Stones – “Sympathy For The Deviled Eggs”
18. Dolly Parton – “I Will Always Love This Song Because I Made a Ton of Money off the Royalties”
19. Madonna – “Impress Yourself”
20. Van Morrison – “Brown Eyed Girl Is Not The Only Song I Ever Sang, People”
21. R.E.M. – “It’s the End of the World and I Feel Really Special Because Nobody Can Sing All the Words to This Song Except Me”
22. Corey Hart – “Sunglasses At Night Are Essentially Pointless But Very Sexy”
23. Manfred Mann’s Earth Band – “Road up the Caboose, Another Stunner of a Flight” (The Possibly Rude but Probably Just Misunderstood Remix)
24. Kesha – “We R Who We R (And We’re Too Self-Indulgent to Actually Spell Out All the Words)”
25. Adele – “Rumor Has It That No Matter What Station You Pick, One of My Songs Will Be Playing”
Previously published in “The Sound and the Fury” on 06/08/12 (thereby explaining the dusty aspect of some then-current hits) and “Bonnywood Manor” on 02/09/17. (In the closing note for the last version, I mentioned adding a new song that tied in with a comment discussion on a prior post. I no longer remember which song I added or what the conversation might have been. Memory becomes a wretched beast once you get that AARP card in the mail.) Slight revisions made for this post, changes which I won’t remember the next time I re-share this mess.
Story behind the photo: This is a close-up of a pillow I stumbled across in Bed Bath & Beyond. I thought the other-worldly texture would be fun for this post.
Secondary story behind the photo: Truth be told, I picked something random off my phone and pretended that I was making an artistic statement.
Tertiary story behind the photo: I have since used the same photo a number of times for other posts, proving my trampiness when it comes to photo selection. One gets desperate at 2am and poor decisions ensue.
Am I rambling? I seem to be rambling.
Cleo the Cat: “Just go to bed, Daddy. Even I’M embarrassed for you at this point.”